Bradford Pioneer Village Museum

A tour back in time in Bradford, Iowa

Monday, May 01, 2006

Today is the Day

Today is the day we open for the season. However, I did decide to go down Saturday and put up the open sign while I worked in there. I had two very good customers. One man from Tennessee and a couple from Minnesota. The man from Tennessee was on vacation and hitting all the historical stops. His grandparents had been married at the Little Brown Church, so he came for a visit. I took him to the depot to look at the map of train lines. I showed him the signatures of Frank and Jesse James in the hotel register. He knew all about them and filled me in on lots of things I didn't know about them. Very interesting to talk to.

Claire Carolan called last night and is coming today to powerwash the old steel windmill so it can be painted at a later date. Here's hoping for a prosperous season to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home