Bradford Pioneer Village Museum

A tour back in time in Bradford, Iowa

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We Caught the Woodchuck!



The live trap has been set for a long time. It sat on the other side of the cottage last fall and all winter. This spring, early, it was moved next to the second hole on the west side of the cottage. Kramer kept going by the hole to check it out, but yesterday the trap had sprung, and inside was the woodchuck. I am not sure what drew him in because I don't think there was any bait in there. But, nonetheless, we got him. I tried to call Kenny, he wasn't home. Called Jerry, but he wasn't home either, but left a message. He came later. At noon I felt bad for the woodchuck, so took him my two pieces of celery I was going to eat with my lunch. He has a piece of celery sticking out of his mouth in the picture.
When Jerry came, we decided to put the trap in the wheelbarrow and take him across the field in the back of the museum, and turn him loose. Now we wonder if he can find his way back??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home